Thursday 24 March 2011

Question 7: Looking back at your preliminary task (the school magazine task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?

.
Here is my orginal preliminary cover. After my research and planning for my coursework I have gained an understanding of what could be improved about my work, and what I have done right and wrong. I then tried to include these alterations into my final work. For example, the image I used is in my opinion, fairly poor. This is due to the fact that the artist is not looking at the camera - and also the positioning of the image. The pose does not work very well either - the hands in pockets give an unprofessional look. For a school magazine, I don't think the masthead is too bad. It reflects an element of fun and perhaps graffiti which is most popular amongst young people. I realise now that the effect I used on the masthead is fairly gimmicky/cheesey. This is because it is does not really blend with the rest of the page - and looks a bit over the top. I feel the cover lines look okay, and the 'James Priest' line works well. However, there is too much 'dead space' where there are gaps of plain background

Looking at my final piece now I feel I have progressed massively. For example the photography is vastly improved. The artist is centrally positioned giving a lot more professional feel to the cover - and the photo editing effects such as contrast increase makes the photo stand off the page. I also feel my magazine adapts the conventions of magazines of a similar genre and uses them to gain credibility and give an aesthetically pleasing overall image. I also feel my final piece looks a lot more inspired, as it includes more style and creativity - giving a more exciting impression than the previous dull magazine.


No comments:

Post a Comment